A Look Ahead Conference Series
- Session Facilitator: (times depended upon session schedule, 2 hour commitment, minimum) A session facilitator is present at each session to introduce the speaker, provide attendee instructions, assist the attendees with questions, and to help maintain a good flow to the presentation by keeping individual attendees from taking over the session. If enough volunteers are available, each facilitator will be joined by a fellow volunteer to help with attendee sign-in and distributing/collecting surveys. The facilitator should arrive early to collect survey’s and instructions for their assigned room and to ensure the room is ready to go when attendees arrive. We have created a video to more fully describe these responsibilities: https://youtu.be/jS8MnepB6xE
- Facilitator Assistant: (times depended upon session schedule, 2 hour commitment, minimum) A facilitator assist is present at each session to collect signatures from attendees, help distribute and collect surveys at the end of the session, to help maintain a good flow to the presentation, and assist the session facilitator with other needs as the arise. The facilitator assist should arrive early to locate their assigned room and to ensure the sign-in sheet is ready for attendees as they arrive.
- Registration: (8am-1pm) Registration volunteers are assigned to the registration table near the entrance to the church. They will be provided a roster of registered participants, a sign for walk-up registration payment, and attendee bags. As attendees check in, they are each provided a bag containing the event program, a conference survey, and a pen for completing surveys. Registration volunteers will also direct other volunteers and presenters to the hospitality room and exhibitors to the Great Hall. Registration volunteers must arrive by 8am to ensure they are in place prior to the arrival of our first participants. Registration opens at 8:30am.
- Tech Support: (8am-3pm) Tech support volunteers will be responsible for setting up laptops in each classroom and the Great Hall, coordinating with the church’s on-site facility manager. You will also be on-call to help with any technical troubleshooting needs by presenters and facilitators during the event.
- Hospitality: (8am-1pm) The hospitality volunteer is stationed in the hospitality room to help check-in presenters and volunteers and to ensure they are directed to their assignments, and to answer any questions as the arise.
- Greeter/Security: (8am-3pm) The north entrance to the church is locked for the duration of the event. The greeter is responsible for letting people in the door and to limit access by unauthorized persons, coordinating with the church’s on-site facility manager.
- Breakfast Staff: (8am-10am) The breakfast staff are responsible for setting up the available breakfast foods for collection by conference attendees; refreshing the table as needed during pre-conference and conference kick-off periods, in coordination with the church’s facility staff who are responsible for the drink station.
- Lunch Staff: (11am-1pm) The lunch staff are responsible for helping with the intake of lunch from the restaurant delivery staff and for setting up lunch for collection by conference attendees; refreshing the table as needed during the lunch period, in coordination with the church’s facility staff who are responsible for the drink station.
- Photo/Video: (9am-2pm, but can be split across multiple individuals) The photo and video volunteers are responsible for collecting pictures and videos which will help us spread the word about our conference after the event. Volunteers are asked to capture these on their own devices and to send them to an assigned ALA organizer, which will be communicated the day of the event.