Board Member Expectations
We want to ensure board members are committed and dedicated to carrying out the mission of The Arc of DFW Area (“The Arc”). Board members are expected to support us by:
- Clearly understanding, embracing and supporting the mission and vision of The Arc.
- Regularly attending and actively participating in board meetings and functions of The Arc.
- Actively communicating with board members about activities and/or board discussion items.
- Acting as a diligent decision maker and financial steward in the best interest of The Arc.
- Committing to fundraising of at least $1,000 per year to benefit The Arc, which may include cash donations or in-kind contributions (e.g., supplies or services).
- Making an annual personal financial contribution to The Arc, the amount of which is to be determined by each individual board member. Individual contributions will be kept confidential; however, the total financial contribution of the board nay be reported.
- Personally thanking contributors and supporters of The Arc and writing letters of support on behalf of The Arc as needed.
- Volunteering at least 60 hours per year for The Arc, including time spent preparing for and participating in board meetings.
- Promoting The Arc in a positive manner and modeling best practices consistent with our mission and vision.
- Serving on at least one committee of The Arc.
- Lending personal expertise and spearheading extra tasks.
- Respecting different views, contributions, and areas of expertise among board members and volunteers.
- Following the by-laws and policies of The Arc.