Become a Member
Members of The Arc of DFW Area come from across the community: individuals with disabilities, their families and friends, professionals in the disability field, and other members of the community who support disability rights. We are a membership-driven organization, so our members direct us in how we can best serve.
Our members allow us to:
- Develop and promote services that improve the quality of life for individuals who have an intellectual and/or developmental disability.
- Empower individuals who have a disability and their families though information on innovative ideas and best practices.
- Support individuals who have a disability and their families to become effective advocates.
- Make the public aware of the needs, rights, and abilities of individuals who have an intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
- Monitor local policies and state and national legislative and systemic progress regarding issues that impact families and individuals who have an intellectual and/or developmental disability.
Members of The Arc of DFW Area are automatically members of The Arc national and state-level organizations, promoting disability rights and services across the nation. Together, we are better able to create meaningful change in the lives of individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.