How to Help
Become a member!
Members of The Arc of DFW Area come from across the community: individuals with disabilities, their families and friends, professionals in the disability field, and other members of the community who support disability rights. We are a membership-driven organization, so our members direct us in how we can best serve.
Our members allow us to:
- Develop and promote services that improve the quality of life for individuals who have an intellectual and/or developmental disability.
- Empower individuals who have a disability and their families though information on innovative ideas and best practices.
- Support individuals who have a disability and their families to become effective advocates.
- Make the public aware of the needs, rights, and abilities of individuals who have an intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
- Monitor local policies and state and national legislative and systemic progress regarding issues that impact families and individuals who have an intellectual and/or developmental disability.
Members of The Arc of DFW are automatically members of The Arc national and state-level organizations, promoting disability rights and services across the nation. Together, we are better able to create meaningful change in the lives of individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
Join The Arc of DFW Area
Become a volunteer!
Volunteering with The Arc of DFW is a rewarding experience for you and us. As an all volunteer, membership driven organization we are always looking for people willing to donate their time and talents to our organization. We can’t meet the needs of the disability community without volunteers. We have many roles available:
- You can support a specific event or program by helping set up, facilitate, and/or clean-up
- You can serve on a program or event committee, helping us design and implement ideas or coordinate presenters and facilities
- You can serve on a committee to support fundraising, membership, advocacy activities, board member nominations, financial review, and more
- You can provide support services, such as designing and/or maintaining marketing/communication materials, maintaining our website, supporting our social media efforts, or assisting us with grant writing
- You can serve on our board of directors, joining us in maximizing the impact of The Arc and implementing our membership’s priorities
A few benefits of becoming a volunteer include:
- Becoming a part of a team of people actively working to create inclusive communities where individuals with I/DD live self-determined lives
- Building new relationships, because trust and friendships are formed when people work toward a common goal
- Learning about best practices, possibilities, community resources and much, much more
We hope you will consider volunteering with us. You can make a difference in the lives of individuals with I/DD and their families by being a part of our organization. No prior experience with disabilities is required; you just need willing hands and a willing heart.
Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer with The Arc of DFW Area
Make a donation!
The Arc of DFW Area was founded in 1971 and it is able to continue serving the I/DD community because of the generous support of our donors and sponsors and our history of fiscal responsibility.
Your donations directly support our advocacy, awareness and education programs. Lives are changed when individuals with I/DD, their parents, and family members have a place to turn for resources and support and The Arc of DFW Area is run by and for families to purposefully provide this empowerment.
Donations with an employer match
Many employers will match your charitable donation to The Arc. Please ask your employer to learn more.
Donations to The Arc help support all of our programs including advocacy, employment assistance, social activities, parent support resources and Self Advocacy initiatives. Donors like you to help us accomplish our mission and continue our vital work to provide a “quality of life for all”. We encourage you to take advantage of the matching gift program to make your donation go even further.
Make a donation to The Arc of DFW
Car donation program
The Arc of DFW Area can accept vehicle donations through a program administered by The Arc US national organization.
Donate a vehicle to The Arc of DFW